epsilon-devel

[epsilon-devel] Development snapshots, and more

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [epsilon-devel] Development snapshots, and more
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:36:57 +0100

I haven't updated http://savannah.gnu.org/download/epsilon for a while since it wasn't useful, but now it is; it's much better than e-mail attachments. I will send a message here every time I am uploading a snapshot, ok? I am uploading the first snapshot now. Every snapshot will contain the date in the filename, in the form epsilon-YYYYMMDD.tar.gz (YYYYMMDD stands for year/month/day). Always take the most recent one.

For the other people reading this message, if there are any: the files in http://savannah.gnu.org/download/epsilon are *development snapshots* and they are absolutely not guaranteed to work. They may be not even prerelase-quality. You have been warned.

> ieri mi sono  messo a fare qualcosa, ma non merita di essere spedito

I deduce that you tried epsilon and it worked. I am quite satisfied :-). Remember that now you need to have gmp and SDL installed (of course with headers: if you use .deb or .rpm then you need also the *-devel packages) even to be able to compile epsilon. Please report any problem you find when compiling epsilon (or also programs written in epsilon). If you want to make some practice then try to modify the screen hack (examples/screen_hack/screen_hack.epb).

  Best regards,

--
Luca Saiu, maintainer of GNU epsilon
http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon