epsilon-devel

Re: [epsilon-devel] Mes 0.9 released

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: [epsilon-devel] Mes 0.9 released
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 22:28:51 +0200

Arne Babenhauserheide writes:

>> I am pleased to announce the release of Mes 0.9, representing 107
>> commits over 5 weeks.
>
> Congrats!

Thanks!

>> Mescc now compiles to a surprisingly readable
>> stage0 M1 macro assembler output format.
>
> Nice! Can you give a short example of that format?

Here's the result of compiling scaffold/hello.c

:main
        push___%ebp
        mov____%esp,%ebp
        sub____%esp,$i32 %0x1054
                                        # eputs("Hello, Mescc!\n");
        push___$i32 &string_0
        call32 %eputs
        add____$i8,%esp !0x4
        test___%eax,%eax
        mov____$i32,%eax %0x2a
        leave
        ret

:ELF_data

:string_0
"Hello, Mescc!
"

>> Also, mescc can now compile a
>> modified TinyCC into a running [mostly segfaulting] executable.
>
> Very cool!
>
> Thank you for your great work!

:-)

Thanks for the support!