epsilon-devel

Re: [epsilon-devel] Unboxed tagged floating-point data in C: a (new?) ef

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [epsilon-devel] Unboxed tagged floating-point data in C: a (new?) efficient and portable solution
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 13:05:16 +0200

On 2019-04-13 at 12:52 +0200, Luca Saiu wrote:

> It compiles and works with every architecture I have played with
> (x86_64, i386, mips, powerpc, riscv, sh, alpha, where applicable on
> different word size and endianness).

I had always forgotten to test on arm and aarch64, for some reason.  I
have just done it now, and the generated code is correct and optimal
there as well.

I am very pleased.

And so, why does everybody box floating-point values?

--
Luca Saiu
* GNU epsilon:           http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".