epsilon-devel

@JITTER_CPPFLAGS@ is now mandatory when using Jitter headers [Was: Re: C

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: @JITTER_CPPFLAGS@ is now mandatory when using Jitter headers [Was: Re: Compiling with Jitter in sub-package mode when another version is installed]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 11:31:05 +0100

Hello, and sorry for the delay.

On 2019-11-14 at 19:41 +0100, Luca Saiu wrote:

> On 2019-11-12 at 13:12 +0100, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
>
>> I think that is a reasonable approach.  I already have:
>>
>> poke_CPPFLAGS += $(JITTER_CPPFLAGS)
>>
>> in my src/Makefile.am.
>
> Thanks José.  So I think I will do that.

@JITTER_CPPFLAGS@, or a dispatch-specific variant of it, is now
mandatory when preprocessing any C file including any Jitter header.  A
user forgetting the flags will now get a clear and explicit error
message at preprocessing time, instead of some subtle problem in some
configuration.
This should solve the conflict reported by Darshit between different
versions of Jitter of which one is installed and another is in a
sub-package, in a clean way.

There are several other cleanups involving the build system, but nothing
should affect Poke.  In fact Poke needs no fix at all, as it is already
preprocessing every C source file with @JITTER_CPPFLAGS@.

José, you may want to use Jitter tag v0.9.202 .  About Jitter git URLs,
see the other message.  If you are updating the submodule this is a good
time to switch to the new URL scheme.

Regards,

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".