epsilon-devel

Jitter: added routine reference counting

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Jitter: added routine reference counting
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 01:56:59 +0200

Following a discussion with José I added a few functions to the Jitter
routine API (executable and unified), implementing a reference counting
system.  José may want to play with it.

Now it is possible for the user of a Jittery VM to keep explicitly
destroying routines, or as an alternative to maintain a count of alive
references to routine objects.  This is intended for more complex
systems such as JitterLisp or poke where the same VM routine may be
shared by multiple closures, each individually finalised by a garbage
collector.

I updated the examples to call the new code, but the functionality is
not yet really to its full potential.

New Jitter tag v0.9.224, update poke subproject.

--
Luca Saiu
* My personal web site:  http://ageinghacker.net

I support everyone's freedom of mocking any opinion or belief, no
matter how deeply held, with open disrespect and the same unrelented
enthusiasm of a toddler who has just learned the word "poo".