erptravel-announce

[Erptravel-announce] examiner

From: Ethel Carlson
Subject: [Erptravel-announce] examiner
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:38:05 -0700

Here, indeed, was an embarrassing situation.
Let us come alongside, I insisted, and at least I can prove to youthat we are harmless. Beyond Jahar, to the southwest, lies Tjanath, the city of my birth. Beyond Jahar, to the southwest, lies Tjanath, the city of my birth. You know nothing about your parents or your family? Throw down your weapons, he commanded, and then come forward.
Tomorrow, perhaps, you will be gone and we shall never see each otheragain.
You will each have a hearing later before the Jed, snapped theofficial.
Here, indeed, was an embarrassing situation. I do not know, replied Tavia; I was very young.
Perhaps I should be, she replied enigmatically.
A warrior may change his metal, he replied, gruffly. Ishall not give them the satisfaction of knowing that I suffer.
To effect her rescue was the objectof my journey.
Do not reproach yourself, Tavia, I begged her, for who might haveforeseen such a stupid reception?
A warrior may change his metal, he replied, gruffly.
Then we must depend upon what little I was able to glean from myobservation of it, I said. To enter without proper preparationwould be fatal.
I asked, my curiosity piqued by his emphasis ofthe words. He orderedme to the pits and here I have lain for a long time.
He seemed to recognize your name, I said to Tavia.
Let usconsider ourselves rather as comrades in arms. Here was a test for our disguises that I did not care to risk. Beyond Jahar, to the southwest, lies Tjanath, the city of my birth. By my first ancestor, no, he exclaimed most emphatically.
During all this time Tul Axtars officers have been training the malesfor war. I shall hope to render a good account of myself also, said Nur An. The blind philosophy of absolute courage, he said admiringly, butyet futile.
Several of the warriors seized me rather roughly by the arms. He turned to the padwar who was in charge of our escort. Let us come alongside, I insisted, and at least I can prove to youthat we are harmless.
Cant you make them understand that we are friends?
As a little child I was stolen from Tjanath, replied Tavia. He seemed to recognize your name, I said to Tavia. Only recently I escaped in the same flier upon which we arrivedat Tjanath. I had told Tavia that I wished to go to Jahar and why. Let usconsider ourselves rather as comrades in arms.