esp-action-alert

[Esp-action-alert] Brazil and Argentina info sought for http://en.swpat.

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Esp-action-alert] Brazil and Argentina info sought for http://en.swpat.org
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:03:52 +0100

Dear supporters,

The swpat.org wiki is growing, but there's not much information about Latin
America so I've chosen Brazil and Argentina for the first in a series of
spotlights.  What sort of information should be added to the wiki?

 * Info about who's pressuring LA to have swpats - free trade? world trade?
 * Problems caused by swpats
 * Explanations of existing laws
 * Proposals to change the law
 * Court cases
 * Studies and reports about the cost of swpats
 * Contact details for groups that are active against swpats
 * Info about whether patent offices are granting swpats

Here are the pages I've started so far, but they're all very short:

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Argentina
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Legislation_in_Argentina
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Discuss_this_wiki_in_Spanish

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Brazil
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Legislation_in_Brazil
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Discuss_this_wiki_in_Portuguese

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Legislation_in_Chile
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Legislation_in_Cuba
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Legislation_in_Uruguay
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Patent_office_practice_in_Venezuela

You can help by contributing to these pages.  You can also help by sending
me information - preferably in English, but I can read some Spanish and a
little Portuguese.

The wiki content is in English, but there are pages for discussion in other
languages:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Discuss_this_wiki_in_Spanish
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Discuss_this_wiki_in_Portuguese

Next week the spotlight will be on New Zealand, where a there is a
legislative proposal to modify the patent law:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/New_Zealand

--
CiarĂ¡n O'Riordan, +32 487 64 17 54, http://ciaran.compsoc.com/

Software patents wiki: http://en.swpat.org/