esp-action-alert

[Esp-action-alert] Israel consultation deadline: February 15th

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: [Esp-action-alert] Israel consultation deadline: February 15th
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:30:58 +0000

Dear supporters,

The deadline for replying to the Israeli Patent Office's consultation is
February 15th.  So there's still a little time help in various ways:

You'll find background information about this consultation at:

http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Israel
http://news.swpat.org/tag/israel/

To collect useful links, and to find updated addresses for pages that have
moved or disappeared from the patent office's website, I've posted a new
blog entry:

http://news.swpat.org/2010/02/israel-3-days-left/

If you can find other useful links or if you have useful information about
this consultation or the software patent situation in Israel, please post a
comment to that blog entry.

And, please help raise awareness of this consultation in Israel.

For anyone looking for examples of problems caused by software patents, I've
made a list of articles by a good author, Timothy B. Lee:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Timothy_B._Lee_on_software_patents

And I'll post news soon about what's happening in New Zealand and
Australia.  If you have information, it can be added here:
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/New_Zealand
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Australia

Thanks.
--
Ciaran O'Riordan
Executive Director, End Software Patents

http://endsoftwarepatents.org/
http://en.swpat.org/
http://news.swpat.org/