Formal meetings [Was: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Libvob: Modifications in base cl

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Formal meetings [Was: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Libvob: Modifications in base classes.]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:53:34 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Matti Katila wrote:
>> I finally implemented the animation_api--mudyc since I felt it was time
>> for it. The change modifies some "frozen" packages (currently there are no
>> any frozen packages acording to documentation).
>
> Yeah, we need some process to make sure that PEGs don't just lie around,
> but are actually processed etc. How about: On our formal meetings each
> week, we have a look at the list of pending PEGs and decide what to do
> about them?

Sounds good.

> We should probably send minutes of these meetings to the public list,

I have been thinking the same idea. Though, I just would like to use our
software for that ;/  (you know, I would like to have transparent tool for
collaborative working with hyperstructure (it just does not make sense to
not link to the PEG we are talking about etc.))

> especially if we talk about the PEGs there. (It should be easy for other
> developers to join in without feeling that all the important discussions
> happen off-list.)

I agree.

> Also there's the question how Fenfire, Libvob etc. PEGs should be
> decided now that Tuomas doesn't maintain these packages any more. Maybe
> rough consensus is good enough as a decision tool.

Yeah, it should work.

   -Matti