Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:01:51 +0300 (EEST)

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> |>The nominal value of one share is 500 Euros. The share price
> |>needs to be paid by the member in one part to the
> |>co-operative's bank account within 30 days of the acceptance
> |>of the membership application.
> |
> | Ouch!  That's prohibitively expensive for me (I don't know if you want
> | me to join, but if the shares are that expensive, it's sure that i will
> | not join).

Absolutely we would like you to join :)

> We talked about this on IRC and Antti-Juhani suggested 50 or 100 Euros.
> Any other opinions? What are the reasons for having a higher/lower share
> price?

I would say 100 euros. It's still quite a lot. Later, if community people
want to join, co-op can give a membership of immaterial work done by
member, e.g., code patches, documentation, tutorials, howtos, user
stories etc.

The problem is if these people want to leave and there are no enough
money ;)

   -Matti