Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative

From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:48:22 +0300

On 20040524T100151+0300, Matti Katila wrote:
> I would say 100 euros. It's still quite a lot. Later, if community people
> want to join, co-op can give a membership of immaterial work done by
> member, e.g., code patches, documentation, tutorials, howtos, user
> stories etc.

I would be wary of allowing such immaterial work count.  It opens the
Pandora box of how do we equate different works or work with money.

> The problem is if these people want to leave and there are no enough
> money ;)

The same problem applies to money-based members.  However, the law IIRC
allows a delay of up to a year of returning the investment upon
resignation (I don't recall if it needed to be specified in the bylaws
or not).

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho                  http://www.kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/

        Julkinen päiväkirja - http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/diary/