[Fenfire-dev] Summary regarding single branch

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Summary regarding single branch
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:58:14 +0200

Summary regarding the single branch issue:

It seems like I can't convince you guys to put the different projects into the same branch. Well, ok -- I think it would be better that way but I can't live with that.

I'm not willing, though, to write what I consider worse code -- for example, copying+pasting an RDF writer from Fenfire into Loom because I need to add a feature to it, modify it there, and then after some time put it back to Fenfire, if it doesn't get forgotten in Loom. It's enough work to make our code somewhat better without artificial constraints like that.

Having stable interfaces may be sensible when our interfaces have matured and we have released some software based on them. In the current state of events, allowing interfaces to be refactored to be cleaner and easier to use is more important than stability, in my opinion.

Cheers,
- Benja