Re: [Fenfire-dev] libvob: Fix OpenGL interpolation bug found in fentwine

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] libvob: Fix OpenGL interpolation bug found in fentwine (was loom)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:12:57 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:16:23 +0200, Matti J. Katila <address@hidden> wrote:
> > -       if(didGetMat) return;
> > +       if(didGetMat) {
> > +           DBG(dbg_coorder2) << "did get mat";
> > +
> > +           /* After 4 hours of debugging mudyc found that
> > +            * this was the one and only thing that just
> > +            * weirdly broke interpolation.
> > +           //return;
> > +       }
>
> Whoo, don't we all love that? *sigh* ;-)

Tuomas has made some sort of caching (boolean didGetMat) but for some
reason it doesn't work correctly in cases where interpolating is done
between two different coordinate types.

I did not use more time to figure out the caching mechanism but in some
day someone may want to do it and fix this in the right way.

   -Matti