Re: [Fenfire-dev] The Fenfire demo

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] The Fenfire demo
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:46:35 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Mudyc, if you like you could look at these:
> - Getting events through to the spatial views, canvas panning etc.

I was thinking to use PanZoomLob for this. With OpenGL it works fine but
not with AWT. We need to specify how coorder should work or is there
specification for it?. It's not justified that AWT and GL libvob works
completely differently!

class Scene:
    def scene(self,vs):
        f = jarray.zeros(2, 'f')
        vs.coords.getSqSize(0, f);
        print f

Outputs:
AWT => array([1024.0, 768.0], float)
GL  => array([1.0, 1.0], float)

And I think we have a problem with this box thing anyway since OpenGL
thinks that it can just forget the box size, like:

box = vs.coords.box(0, width, height)
trans = vs.coords.translate(box, 0,0,0)

And as you can guess translation has box size 1,1 and not width, height
that is should have.

   -Matti