[Fenfire-dev] Re: back tomorrow

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Re: back tomorrow
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:35:01 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> ...I'll be back tomorrow and read & reply to your comments.

Ok. I think we need to think how the current system works (Cursors for
being exact) before we can add more spatial canvases, e.g., sprial view.

CanvasSpatialView is tricky. We can use same lob for canvas' content
everywhere but not for it's panzoomlob coordinates since the same canvas
can be shown in different places but have different panning because of
different x,y in structure/connection points.

I added CancasCursor to Cursor and it has Object canvas,
focusedNodeOnCanvas; (or something like this). and Model panX,panY,zoom;
For content we can use caching, i.e.,

    Lob canvas2contentLob(Object canvas);

But for different panning and etc. we need also CanvasCursor to do the
caching. For example:

    Lob contentLob2panZoomedViewPortLob(Lob content, Cursor canvasCursor);

And this is the tricky phase because of we need to have the cursor ready
but currently we use only simple cursor.

This is important because I would like all views in the Fenfire to be at
least zoomable.

   -Matti