[Fenfire-dev] spatial view vs. content view

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] spatial view vs. content view
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:51:20 +0200 (EET)

Hi!

I asked a question in irc but I was unable to keep track of comments except now:

19:34 < majukati> what's the difference between spatial and content view?
19:37 < majukati> content is text, image and spans but not page image

21:29 < benja_> majukati: why not page image?!? it should be page image too
21:30 < benja_> content is what's "in" the node, spatial is what's "around" the
node
21:31 < benja_> you can think of it like this: the content view renders
                the text, image, etc. that 'represents' the item
21:31 < benja_> e.g. the name of the person (where the node is the person) etc.
21:31 < benja_> the spatial view renders a context for the node
21:32 < benja_> e.g. a calendar with other events that happened around the same
time

No, the idea with spatial view was it to be spatial. But when we though
this spatial vs. structure thing I was not thinking this problem at all.

I propose that we create ContentView or RepresentView and from that
inherit [Text,Image,Page]ContentView/RepresentView. And for predicate
lobs use something else than these.

   -Matti