[Fenfire-dev] daintily

From: Irene Mathis
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] daintily
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:58:41 -0000

So my advice is that we just sit here quietly untilJoe comes back and tells us whats been settled.
We cant make a new Cabinetbefore Magnus comes in.
The King returns with Proteus, who looks glum.
She doesnt seem to know that she is the Princess Royal, eh? How can he govern thecountry if we have all the power and he has none?
Well, they say everybodys business is nobodysbusiness, which is just what Joe is fit for. How can he govern thecountry if we have all the power and he has none? To make democracy work in Crassuss waywe need poverty and hardship.
I demand an explanation of the words bungling andsquabbling. At this moment my cue is to shew you, not my owntemper, but the temper of my Cabinet.
If His Majesty wants a Cabinet of dumb dogs he will notget it from my party. Look at the potteries: the new crown Derby! Do not misunderstand me: I do not wantthe old governing class back. And this drudgery, remember, is a sweated trade,the only one now left in this country.
Apart from Amandas family relations, am I face to facewith a united Cabinet.
Take no notice of them, Bill: they are only having theirbit of fun with you as a new comer. The King and the Princess go out, apparently much pleased.
I have to organize and administerall the motor power in the country for the good of the country. All except the two women laugh uproariously at this.
But what interest has a king in flattering a subject? The King and the Princess go out, apparently much pleased. Why not, if the horse you have got is subject tohysterics? Am I to take that threat seriously, Mr Proteus? You didnt arrange it with him, Mandy: did you? But what interest has a king in flattering a subject?
If you could see a joke, Bill, you wouldnt be the greatpopular orator you are. Now, Joe: dont you think you havelet us run loose long enough? Do you expect me to say, when I am asked fora pledge, You must ask the King?
You didnt arrange it with him, Mandy: did you?
That is exactly the question that has to be settled hereand now.
I could have found thembetter jobs in the Post Office.
When I want to find out what he is up to Ihave to come and ask your Majesty. Lysistrata and the rest of the men resume theirseats, leaving Pliny and Amanda standing. Where was the advantage to himin such a display?