ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Extremely slow convergence for certain domains

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Extremely slow convergence for certain domains
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:48:08 +0200

Dear Juzar.

I am afraid there are no good preconditionners in ff3d for non "symmetric and
positive definite" linear problems. Also the shape of the domain (very
stretched) and the aspect ratio of the cells in the mesh do not help.

Sorry but I have no immediate solution to help you.

Also, I founded something strange in your data file. You impose "dnu(u)" on the
internal boundary 'T'. This corresponds up to the sign to the jump of the
normal derivative across 'T'. Is that what you meant?

Best regards,
Stéphane.