fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] Comments

From: Mark
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] Comments
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:46:35 -0800

Hi Michael

I was looking through the file you sent me (sorry about the delay - am taking shifts at my experiment and so any sort of routine has been destroyed) and I have checked that some of the things that are underlined in yours are italicised in the
book - see:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst/fhsstphy.pdf

The problem with \emph is getting fixed somewhere - I will locate it though
for future reference but when we integrate your changes into the book I think
things will be fine.

About the introduction of acceleration, we have introduced it as an example of a vector in the vectors chapter which precedes the Forces chapter. The chapter after Forces (Rectilinear Motion) deals with it as well. In my opinion its fine to repeat (or reinforce) concepts when they
are used again as we are trying to teach students and repetition helps.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn
Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"