fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] Questions for Spencer

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] Questions for Spencer
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:29:01 -0800

Hi Spence

We've been having a chat here in the STAR control room about our FHSST convention for units and vector labels. Markus is doing an edit of Vectors and some things have come up that I'd like your input on as you got the feedback from the PGCE students which led to some of the changes.

1) In journals units are not italicised but we changed to not \rm'ing all the units. This was a PGCE thing
if I remember correctly - was there a good argument for this?

2) Then in the units the "." as in "m.s^2" - they insisted on this notation - is that right? Or can we
leave out the .'s?

Cheers,

Mark