fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] New members!

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] New members!
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:33:49 -0700

Hi everyone

I would like to welcome 4 new members to the list:

Neil Govender
Andrew Grichting
Michael Banks
Andy Higginbotham

Physics had slowed significantly 2 months ago but we now have 6 active members which is great (and around that many sections to do before we enter the editing phase :) The other two active members are Gerald Wigger and myself.

Neil arrived first and he's taken on the transformers section. I reviewed everyones emails and we require content on:

* Electromagnetic Spectrum
* Photoelectric Effect
* Magnets and Magnetic Fields (but not EM) - so things like what is a
  magnetic, info about the poles, the earth's magnetic field etc. Some
  of this is written but it needs work
* Optics - the whole chapter is only being started so if anyone wants
  one of these sections they are up for grabs but require some LaTeX
  and PSTricks knowledge
* Gerald is working on the Heat and Properties of Matter chapter but
  there  are sections in that chapter could be written too.

How about:

Michael - can I give you a section from optics as you know PSTricks?
Andy - can I give you one of the Heat and Properties of Matter section that Gerald hasn't started yet Andrew - can I give you the Electromagnetic spectrum and Photoelectfic Effect sections?

Please shout if thats not good for you or if you have any other preferences! I will send more detailed descriptions for each of the sections after getting an update from Gerald.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"