[Fle3-users] voting as part of FLE for the future?

From: Mark Rauterkus
Subject: [Fle3-users] voting as part of FLE for the future?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:52:41 -0500

Hi FLE team and others:

Is there a way to make "voting" part of FLE too? I've been working with the
open source effort called eVote -- http://www.Deliberate.com. It is now an
add-on for both Mailman (version specific) and Majordomo (1.9x). The "clerk"
component of this software listens and records votes so that the list
manager can't fudge (cheat) the results.

It would be great to have a voting add on that also leaned upon eVote.

I've found that teachers, principals and others in authority do not like
"voting." But, I'm hopeful that the learning can be shared in a community
setting. That makes the vote very important.

Perhaps this can be put onto the radar for the future?

What do the others feel about 'voting' as a software tool -- and perhaps its
conflicts with most educational models? Is there a trap in this pathway?
Reactions welcomed.

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus
address@hidden  http://Rauterkus.com