Re: [Fle3-users] voting as part of FLE for the future?

From: Giedre Kligyte
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] voting as part of FLE for the future?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:31:56 +0300

On 5.8.2003 21:52, "Mark Rauterkus" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

We had similar questions and inquiries before. Our development team's
position is that voting should be used only in the worst case: when all the
possibilities to reach an agreement are exhausted.

Since Fle3 is a collaborative environment, we'd like to offer tools for
people to negotiate and look for compromises. According to the pedagogy
behind the Fle3, different opinions or disagreements are not to be
eliminated (for example, by voting), but should be used as catalysts for
fruitful discussions and knowledge building.

Of course, Fle3 is an Open Source environment and that enables you to
develop the tools that you think are missing. However, I believe that voting
tool is not on the priority list for us..

Best regards,
Giedre