[Fle3-users] blackboard to fle3 stories?

From: Christopher Kolar
Subject: [Fle3-users] blackboard to fle3 stories?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 15:37:15 -0500

Hi everyone.  Our project delivers online courses to librarians and teachers and currently used Blackboard 5.5. as a platform.  We also operate a portal that is based on zope/cmf/plone.  To tell you the truth, we use Bb because I am familiar with it, it is easy to run,  and we do not really do anything fancy (no integration to back end databases &c).  I am interested in hearing about real world stories from people who have moved from Bb to FLE3.

I am thinking for the coming year of migration us to FLE3 for instructional delivery.  While all of the frameworks and the jamming is great from a pedagogical perspective, the first task that we would face would just be to duplicate the functionality that we currently have.  Luckily our use of Bb amount to this: So for the first stages it looks like we would just need to invest time in getting our content moved over and our instructors trained.  We do not use the Bb assessment module, so that would not need to be duplicated.  I would love to hear back from anyone who has used both Bb and FLE3 for instructional delivery to know of any issues that are not readily apparent to a person in the planning stages.  Thanks much in advance,

--chris

Christopher G. Kolar
   Coordinator of Information and Technology Integration
   Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
 address@hidden  --  staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar --  PGP Public Key ID: 0xC6492C72
        Information literacy news, tools, and programs: address@hiddenedu