forge-main

Re: [Forge-main] What's In A Name

From: Ricardo Gladwell
Subject: Re: [Forge-main] What's In A Name
Date: 18 Nov 2002 12:18:13 +0000

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 03:49, Jerry Stratton wrote:
> >On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 01:17, Jerry Stratton wrote:
> >> FORCE
>
> Campaign Catalyst  Catholic :*) Character Collaborative

The following might work:

Free and Open Roleplaying Character Engine
Free and Open Roleplaying Collaborative Engine
Free and Open Roleplaying Campaign Engine
Free and Open Roleplaying Combat Engine
Free and Open Roleplaying Champion Engine
Free and Open Roleplaying Contest Engine

Or:

Free and Open RolePlaying Engine (FORPE)
Free and Open Roleplaying Adventure Engine (FORAE)
Free and Open Roleplaying Action Engine (FORAE)
Free and Open Roleplaying Tournament Engine (FORTE)
Free and Open Roleplaying Task Engine (FORTE)
Free and Open Roleplaying Heroic Engine (FORHE)

A couple of plays on recurssive acronym GNU (GNU Not Unix):

GNAUS (GNAUS Not a Universal System)
GNAURG (GNUARG Not A Universal Roleplaying Game)

> E doesn't have to be engine, it might also be Explorer (Free, Open
> Roleplaying Tale Explorer. A little unwieldy, but it would definitely
> push the game in a specific direction.

Free, Open Roleplaying Tale Explorer or Free, Open Roleplaying Tale
Engine, or even Free, Open Roleplaying Story Engine might work?

> Thermonuclear.

:)

> Free Open Ended Hip And Mighty Mellifluous Roleplaying Engine

Catchy :)

> >> FOX
> >
> >Free and Open Xenogame? What is a Xenogame? Good question :)
>
> A Xenogame is a game that goes beyond earthly boundaries.

Its an idea but it sounds a little gimmicky :)

> >FRINGE
>
> Fringe would be cool, but probably confused with Fringeworthy.

The only thing I would say is that FRINGE (which I like too) is that it
is farther from Fringeworthy than FORGE is from The Forge.

BTW What is Fringeworthy? How popular is it?

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community