Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [bugs #8414] Poor handling of values that can only

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [bugs #8414] Poor handling of values that can only be set on certain platforms
Date: 05 Apr 2004 09:40:41 -0700

>    error: ipmi_kcs_set_user_access: 204: Invalid data field in
>    Request.
>
> Current error handler is generic and can exactly translate  BMC's
> error response code to some meaningful English text like
> "Invalid data field in Request". Actual possibilities are huge.
>
> I like the current error handler. Lets see what everyone else thinks.

It's not a matter of like or not for me, but I don't think there's
another way.  When the BMC returns this error, there's really no
knowing which of the fields it rejected.  It would require a human
guess programmed into the library, which would be wrong some of the
time.

Or am I missing anything in the spec?

Ian