[Freeipmi-devel] web site

From: Jim Garlick
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] web site
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:36:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hey,

Here are a couple of proposed changes to the FreeIPMI home page.
(http://www.nongnu.org/freeipmi/)

Under "Watchdog Daemon" how about changing the last sentence to read:
   The "bmc-watchdog" daemon configures this timer and periodically resets
   it so that, should the system lock up, the BMC can perform an appropriate
   emergency recovery action
The current descritpion implies that the bmc-watchdog takes the recovery
action, which isn't really the case.

Under "Sensors", utility is misspelled.  Also, I think the last sentence
could be dropped.  People understand why monitoring system health is good,
and the "powerful system diagnostics" or "predict hardware failures" claims
seem a bit strong.

Under "IPMI Power"  How about adding a plug for PowerMan:
   PowerMan 1.0.20 (http://www.llnl.gov/linux/powerman/) now supports
   ipmipower as a remote power control device.
(And we'll get powerman 1.0.20 released ASAP and put a similar link on
its web page).

Just suggestions....

Regards,

Jim