[Freeipmi-devel] single tree

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] single tree
Date: 05 May 2004 14:19:54 -0700

It is done!  From now on, check things out of /freeipmi.

Some changes of direction:

* ChangeLog is no longer under CVS.  Use cvs2cl.  Actually the autogen.sh
script does that for you.

* The "package name" is now freeipmi.  That means some header files had
to be changed to use the subpackage names for file paths and such.

* The system.h mess is gone.  Mind your own #includes, and wrap them in
autoconf #ifdef if it makes sense (look what I did for string.h).

* configure options for locating include and library paths are gone.
My point of view is that if you're smart enough to install stuff in
nonstandard places, you also know how to tell configure about it.
(hint: use ./configure CPPFLAGS=... LDFLAGS=...)

It builds without warnings and it even passes make distcheck
(if run as root).

Ian