[Freeipmi-devel] Re: single tree

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: single tree
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 16:24:21 -0700

> This was mostly a matter of having it done ASAP.  I felt pressure
> afteryou started changing stuff under me.

Sorry.  Didn't mean to put pressure on you :-O.  I was considering the
project "forked" with a code merge to be done after the re-org.

> In theory, we can still create a new subdirectory src and remove the
> other 2.  Depends how strongly teammates feel about it.

Personally, I'd rather do this.  I know right off the bat that the root
project directory is going to get cluttered with a lot of

DISCLAIMER.ipmipower
DISCLAIMER.ipmiping
DISCLAIMER.rmcpping
DISCLAIMER.bmc-watchdog

and other stuff really fast.

> The reason for my preference is that otherwise you have to enter the
> same information twice (once for CVS, once for ChangeLog).  Myself,
> I can never remember to do that, or if I do, I can't remember to copy
> the string so I can later paste it in the other spot.

AB, Bala, could you throw in votes??