[Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI question

From: Marty Rogers
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI question
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:32:04 -0400

All,

I am attempting to adapt FreeIPMI to run on a controller to talk to the BMC using IPMB.

My question is about how, or if, freeipmi handles "autonomous" messages (such as Event messages I believe- they can come in any time?) Does a process ever sleep, waiting on a signal of some sort from the system interface? Or is there only a send-a-message-wait-for-a-reply-then-get-out paradigm ?

(Presumably polling is always an option...)

If there's waiting/sleeping involved, briefly how is it implemented ?

Thx !

martin rogers