Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI question

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI question
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:59:42 -0700

,----[ Marty Rogers <address@hidden> ]
| All,
|
| I am attempting to adapt FreeIPMI to run on a controller to talk to
| the BMC using IPMB.
|
| My question is about how, or if, freeipmi handles "autonomous"
| messages (such as Event messages I believe- they can come in any
| time?)  Does a process ever sleep, waiting on a signal of some sort
| from the system interface?  Or is there only a
| send-a-message-wait-for-a-reply-then-get-out paradigm ?
|
| (Presumably polling is always an option...)
|
| If there's waiting/sleeping involved, briefly how is it implemented ?
`----
Yes can issue a blocking KCS read call on the BMC in a loop looking
for Event messages.

ssize_t
ipmi_kcs_read (u_int16_t sms_io_base,
                         u_int8_t* bytes, u_int32_t bytes_len);

Please share more info about your work. We would like to work with you
closely.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>