Re: [Freeipmi-devel] About KCS driver

From: kanji raman
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] About KCS driver
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:07:31 -0700 (PDT)

Anand,

Though i had setup the BMC IP address,
the bmc-info tool returned BMC's IP adrress as 0.0.0.0

I used ipmicmd tool  and executed the commad  of
section 19.2 (Get LAN config Parameters Command - ipmi
1.5 spec ) via LAN interface and it returned the
correct BMC IP address.

so is there anything specific i have to configure for
bmc-info tool??

i wrote a client app which used the kcs interface of
the freelibipmi with the following req packet for
retrieving lan config parameters
req[0]=0x0C << 2    - NetFn + LUN
req[1]=0x02         - command number
req[2]=0x0F       - Channel for kcs interace(table
6-1)
req[3]=0x03        - IP address parameter
req[4]=0x00        -  selector
req[5]=0x00         - block selector

and i got the following the response packet
val[0]=34   - netfn+lun
val[1]=2    - cmd
val[2]=cc   - completion code
val[3]=0
val[4]=0
val[5]=0
val[6]=0
val[7]=0

The completion code "cc" - indicates invalid data
field in request. Any idea what could be  the error in
the request packet ?

The motherboard is intel Westville  - SE7501WV2

Thanks
biju
--- Anand Babu <address@hidden> wrote:

> ,----[ kanji raman <address@hidden> ]
> | Hi
> |
> | I just installed libfreeipmi. But i could find any
> text on how to
> | compile and load the kcs drriver ?
> |
> | Given an IPMI compliant motherboard, how can we
> know which system
> | interface is supported by the BMC ?
> |

> | Thanks biju
> `----

ftp://ftp.californiadigital.com/pub/freeipmi/freeipmi-0.1.0-alpha6-cvs0.tar.gz