Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: GE rsh problem

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: GE rsh problem
Date: 04 Aug 2004 13:17:43 -0700

ab> Yes, We are waiting to hear from Anand Manian. Please ask Pradhap to
ab> give him a call.

I am now looking at xinetd (for the first time in my life, I have always
used the BSD inetd before) and I see it has a "cps" setting that limits
the rate of incoming connections.  Is it possible the rate is being
exceeded?  What is it set to on the GE server?

That, anyway, is what stops _my_ naive attempt to rsh as many times as
possible into a freshly setup RH 7 server, long before the port allocation
loop even reaches the "bad" port numbers. The RH default rate limit is
25 30 ie. 25 connects per second and disable for 30 seconds after failure.

Ian