Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: ipmi sensor thresholds

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: ipmi sensor thresholds
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:04:40 -0700

Hey everyone,

>  Interpretation rules:
>   [OK]              : < non-critical
>   [Non-critical]    : => non-critical < critical
>   [Critical]        : => critical < non-recoverable
>   [non-recoverable] : => non-recoverable

The interpretation sounds good to me.  However, I'm concerned with the
interpretation when thresholds are not listed.  For example, with the
following:

Record ID: 3
Sensor type: I/O Bd +1.8V (Voltage)
Sensor number: #18
Event/Reading type code: 01h
Lower non-recoverable threshold: 0.00 Volts
Upper non-recoverable threshold: 0.00 Volts
Lower Critical threshold: 1.66 Volts
Upper Critical threshold: 1.93 Volts
Lower non-critical threshold: 0.00 Volts
Upper non-critical threshold: 0.00 Volts
Sensor min. reading: 0.00 Volts
Sensor max. reading: 3.06 Volts
Normal min.: 1.70 Volts
Nominal reading: 1.80 Volts
Normal max: 1.88 Volts
Sensor reading: 1.84 Volts
Sensor status: OK

Will the only possible states output be OK and Critical?

What about:

Record ID: 33
Sensor type: F38 Tach Fan 1 (Fan)
Sensor number: #64
Event/Reading type code: 01h
Lower non-recoverable threshold: 0.00 RPM
Upper non-recoverable threshold: 0.00 RPM
Lower Critical threshold: 2100.00 RPM
Upper Critical threshold: 0.00 RPM
Lower non-critical threshold: 0.00 RPM
Upper non-critical threshold: 0.00 RPM
Sensor min. reading: 0.00 RPM
Sensor max. reading: 5100.00 RPM
Normal min.: 2260.00 RPM
Nominal reading: 2600.00 RPM
Normal max: 2880.00 RPM
Sensor reading: 2680.00 RPM
Sensor status: OK

Where there is no upper anything except for normal max.  So are the only
possible states OK and Non-Recoverable when RPM speeds go too fast?