[Freeipmi-devel] Not outputting undefined sensors thresholds

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Not outputting undefined sensors thresholds
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:10:52 -0700

Hey Everyone,

This recently occurred to me while reading through the IPMI sensor
thresholds thread.  Currently, there is an assumption that "illogical"
threshold values mean the threshold is undefined.  For example, a
lower/upper non-recoverable threshold of 0 Volts suggests undefined
thresholds.

However, the correct way to determine if a threshold is undefined is
through the threshold mask, which is field #20 of the full and compact
sensor threshold record formats (see IPMI spec sections 37.1 and 37.2).

I'd like to suggest that when sensors outputs in verbose mode, a
threshold not be output if it is undefined...

LLNL folks, I haven't forwarded this onto support_at_californiadigital
yet because I'd like to first gather input about this suggestion.