[Freeipmi-devel] Using libfreeipmi interface

From: Cress, Andrew R
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Using libfreeipmi interface
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:34:26 -0400

Hi,

I have some IPMI Management Utilities which currently support 3 types of
IPMI drivers, and I'd like to add support for libfreeipmi also.  These
utilities have the IPMI commands already composed.   See
http://ipmiutil.sf.net
I did download version 0.1.0 and build it on my system, and bmc-info,
bmcpower, and bmcping seem to work ok.

Looking at the freeipmi-hackers-intro.pdf, it looks like I need more
information about the LAN interface and KCS interface routines.  The
other documents seem to aimed at users, and not much documentation about
the developers' API yet.  I tried to distill out what I needed from the
sample apps, but I'm having trouble in the general case passing a
pre-formed IPMI command, with a receive buffer that is big enough to
handle whatever the response might be, then getting the actual received
byte count.  The sample routines are targeted at certain given commands
and the known return length for each.  Maybe what I need is a
'pass-through' template, or something (?).

What would you suggest?

Andy

---
Andy Cress                      803-216-2356  fax:803-216-2178
Senior Software Engineer    address@hidden
Intel Corporation, Columbia Design Center, CBA1
100 Center Point Cir., Suite 200, Columbia, SC 29210
http://ipmiutil.sf.net   http://scsirastools.sf.net
BTW, I speak for myself, not for Intel Corp.
"Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for
the interests of others." Phil 2:4