[Freeipmi-devel] PEF commands in the spec

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] PEF commands in the spec
Date: 27 Oct 2004 17:54:15 -0700

I'd be interested to know how people interpret the information
on pp. 319-320 of the "1.5 markup" spec.

1/ Is it possible to "get" the Alert String Keys (paramater #12)?
If so, how is it specified which string is queried?

2/ When getting/setting strings (parameter #13), are the full 16
bytes always transmitted or is the transmission data variable length,
ending with a NUL byte?  If the latter, can we handle this in the
template framework?

Ian