Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Using libfreeipmi interface

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Using libfreeipmi interface
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:27:59 -0700

> Hmm, where is the sequence number field specified?  The closest I see
> is Figure 12-4 which is unfortunately quite unclear (to me at least).
> It doesn't say how many bits are taken by the LUN and how many by
> Rqseq.How have we come by tmpl_lan_msg_hdr_r[sq] - by experiment?

It took me awhile, but you have to read the top of section 12.4, then
follow that section 7.3 and figure 7-1.  I'll assume this is the way I
originally figured this out, but I could wrong.

Andrew, re-reading your original e-mail, do you believe we shouldn't do
the bound check at all?  Or do you feel that the bounds size is
incorrect?  Remember that there are requester sequence numbers and
session sequence numbers, which are completely different.