Re: RE: RE: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Using libfreeipmi interface

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: RE: RE: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Using libfreeipmi interface
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:04:51 -0700

Hi Andrew,

> Where did the 0x3f arbitrary sequence limit come from anyway?  I
> couldn't find any reference to sequence number limits in the IPMI spec
> or platform specs.

The 0x3f comes from the fact the requester sequence number is 6 bits
long.  You can see this in section 7.3, figure 7-1 of the IPMI 1.5 spec.
 (That section is pointed to by section 12.4, which discusses IPMI over
Lan).

I get the feeling you are passing in session sequence numbers, which are
32 bits, in place of the requester sequence numbers, which are 6 bits
long.  The session sequence number is passed to the fill_hdr_session()
function when building a packet and the requester sequence number is
passed to fill_lan_msg_hdr().