Re: [Freeipmi-devel] spec file problem

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] spec file problem
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:30:11 -0800

,----[ John Goebel <address@hidden> ]
| Afternoon Al,
|
| One more thing, the file /usr/share/man/man1/sensors.1.gz clashes with
| lm_sensor package (fish is the offending package). We install
| lm_sensors by default in Scientific Linux, so one steps on the other.
|
| I love the rpm packaging; lm_sensor is interdependent with kdebase ;)
|
| Do you want to put a 'conflicts' statement in your spec, rename the
| file in your package, or take whatever is behind door number three? I
| can change the comps.xml file in Anaconda to deal with it, but others
| might have the same problem and it's a bit of a hassle.
`----

I assumed there will be no reason to install lm-sensors and GNU
FreeIPMI on same system. But your case of "default packages list"
makes sense and is pretty common.

Two approaches:
1) Create a package conflict.
2) Change package names (call ipmi-sel, ipmi-sensors, ipmi-bmc-info
...).

I think the second approach is more appropriate.

Note:
GNU FreeIPMI SSIF driver will depend on Linux I2C kernel driver, how
ever that driver comes bundled with the Linux kernel and not
lm-sensors package.

John, with your permission I will add your name to the external
contributors list.

Thanks,
--
Anand Babu