Re: [Freeipmi-devel] register spacing

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] register spacing
Date: 03 Dec 2004 07:26:40 -0800

Al> I got a board that has register spacing, so 0xCA8 is the base KCS
Al> address and 0xCAC is the status register.

Al> Not really sure of the best way to handle this.  First, we probably
Al> need the probing code to search for register spacing.  I'm not too
Al> familiar with the probing, I'm only starting to look at this code.

So - the code to get spacing exists in smbios.c but is commented out.
It can certainly be uncommented; I'll try to test it on the Tiger4 over
the weekend if I find time.

I still don't know what to do about PCI (which is currently not being
used).  Maybe I'l just add a "don't know" alternative to the spacing
enum.  Have to look at pciutils again (that was the template for my PCI
code).

Cheers, Ian

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)