Re: [Freeipmi-devel] register spacing

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] register spacing
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:38:24 -0800

Hey all,

My other concern is how to add this to the API.  Right now the register
spacing is hard coded as +1 in libfreeipmi/src/ipmi-kcs-interface.h.
I'm hardcoding +4 for my testing/debugging right now.  But a long term
solution requires something else.  Almost all of the kcs interface only
allows the user to pass in the base port address, but not a register offset.

There are several ways to fix this problem.  I think anything involving
an API change isn't one of them.  We could add a global variable and
ipmi_kcs_register_spacing() initialization function?  Configuration
files are also possible.