Re: [Freeipmi-devel] the new ipmi_kcs_io_init API

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] the new ipmi_kcs_io_init API
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:09:39 -0800

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
| Ian,
|
| I think that's a good point.  But at the same time, probing may not
| always work.  Perhaps two different init functions and our code can
| call each one appropriately? i.e.
|
| if (ipmi_probe(&probe_data) < 0)
|    ipmi_kcs_io_init(default_port, default_reg_space);
| else
|    ipmi_kcs_io_probe_init(&probe_data);

`----

I am going to add one more layer that abstracts all in-band and
out-of-band drivers into one common API set. It will look very similar
to fopen/fread/fwrite/fclose calls. (ipmi_open, ipmi_cmd, ipmi_read,
ipmi_write, ..). These APIs will take a pointer to structure and let
the user choose the driver during open function. During this
transition, we will have all low level drivers use this single
structure.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>