Re: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Need to issue commands to non-BMC slave address

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Need to issue commands to non-BMC slave addresses
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:00:18 -0700

Hey Andrew,

> Perhaps adding a parameter to the functions, a field to the template,
> etc.

Sorry, I may have stated it incorrectly.  The issue I see is that there
is no field in the KCS header for the slave address.  That's why I'm not
quite sure if the KCS interface can even contact something other than
the BMC.  You can see the header in section 9.1 of the specification.

> Does this need a bugzilla to track it?

Nah, its on our list in CVS (see TODO).  Of course, when we get around
to this is a different story.  I hope to get some IPMI development time
in a month or so.