[Freeipmi-devel] Re: UDM error codes

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: UDM error codes
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:48:55 -0800

> If we receive incomplete or corrupted packet, parsing (i.e. lesser or
> greater bytes) would lead to memory faults. It is safer to drop the
> packet instead.

There is a difference between a "corrupted" packet and a "shortened"
packet.  Having a packet < the expected length of the response is a in
fact a normal condition. For example if you pass a bad username in a get
session challenge packet, the BMC responds with a shortened packet with
a bad comp-code.

I handle this condition in unassemble_ipmi_lan_pkt() and
fiid_obj_dump_lan().

925-422-5311