Re: [Freeipmi-devel] IBM e325 and GNU FreeIPMI

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] IBM e325 and GNU FreeIPMI
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:39:57 -0700

A.B.,

Was your "fix" to manually code the io-port address, register spacing,
etc. into bmc-info to get around the SMBIOS broken-ness?  If that's the
case, then we should add options to bmc-info and all the inband tools to
allow the user to manually set them on the command line (or via config
file) if the firmware is bad.  Otherwise how will any user with bad
firmware ever use FreeIPMI?  Especially if IBM never releases a fix
(they may not be obligated to).

925-422-5311