[Freeipmi-devel] Re: are you available for a IRC conference now?

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: are you available for a IRC conference now?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:22:37 -0700

,----[ Al Chu wrote: ]
| Haven't heard from anyone.  Again I'm wondering about:
`----
Getting back on track :)

,----[ Al Chu wrote: ]
| a) 0.2.2?
`----
Testing..
We will release today. Hopefully this will be the last release of
0.2.x branch.

,----
| b) timeframe for scheme -> C conversion.  Whether In particular: 16278 &
| 103662 can be handled.  And also 20 byte passwords.
`----
ipmi-sel will be ready tomorrow.
ipmi-sensors and bmc-config will take little more time. I will get a
deadline fixed for that. I want to make it for the next release of
0.3.x.

I can't seem to find 103662. May be typo..

,----
| c) timeframe for forward port of SSIF & UDM retransmission to 0.3.X
`----
Done. Bala is committing his code. We need to test it thoroughly
though.

,----
| d) state of bugs listed in savannah.
`----
I will close them before next 0.3.x release.

,----
| e) if garpd should be removed from FreeIPMI and put into a different
| project. (Note: this is nothing against the tool, it's an issue of
| whether something unrelated to IPMI should be in FreeIPMI.)
`----
Done. Will fork into a separate project.

,----
| I am now leaning on putting ipmiconsole stuff into FreeIPMI.  It will be
| a sub-package though.  The libipmiconsole library would not be in
| libfreeipmi though.  It was be a separate library in the sub-package.
`----
Nice. I have been waiting long time for this library. We will
implement ipmi-sold now. It will be a multi-threaded telnet or ssh
proxy to IPMI SOL.

If it should go as a separate library, IPMI commands should go into
libfreeipmi and console management code in to libipmiconsole.
I would have put libipmiconsole code under common.

I am now thinking of two approaches:
 * make menuconfig style top level build front-end, which lists what
  IPMI packages users needs..
 * break freeipmi into two parts and manage them as two CVS
 repositories but under freeipmi umbrella.
   - libfreeipmi
   - freeipmi-tools

I originally had every tool as a separate repository. It was you and
Jim convinced me to make it as a single tree :)

--
Anand Babu

925-422-5311

---end quoted text---