Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 2/18 change - "configure.ac: fix of automake init"

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 2/18 change - "configure.ac: fix of automake init"
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:01:24 -0800

Al,
The problem was ustar option was not supported by automake-1.8. If you really need that option we should change minimum required version of automake to 1.10.
--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

Albert Chu writes:
What was the error?  We should work on an alternate solution rather than
just revert to the earlier configure.ac.

Al

Hi Al,

./autogen.sh failed with your chance.

I use

autoconf 2.61
automake 1.8.5

Thanks,

Regards,
Bala
---
Free as in freedom
http://www.gnu.org/

Bala,

Is there a reason you reverted my fix to configure.ac from 2/16/07?  Do
you guys run an older autoconf version that didn't support the changes I
made?  I'm confused.

925-422-5311

925-422-5311