[Freeipmi-devel] which API - UDM or default

From: Andrew Wozniak
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] which API - UDM or default
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:53:00 -0400

Hello,

I'm considering FreeIPMI library and API for an upcoming project. It appears to provide two API forms; UDM and a default. What suggestions can you offer for choosing one of these models for my application?

The SSIF is of specific interest because we need to interface a CPU to a local BMC via I2C. The CPU needs to send commands and be able to monitor for sensor events. Will either of the library models support these services?

I'm currently digging through the source code and tools to get a better understanding of all the available API's Other than the header files, does some sort of "API summary" and description exist anywhere?

Thanks for all suggestions, Andrew