[Freeipmi-devel] OEM-specific decoding of SEL entries

From: Levi Pearson
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] OEM-specific decoding of SEL entries
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:08:45 -0600

Is there currently any plan to provide OEM-specific decoding of SEL
event data fields?  On the Dell boards we're using, for example, the
DIMM slot number is recorded in some of the bits of the Event Data
field.  It would be useful to us to be able to specify the OEM of the
board and have it apply whatever OEM-specific decoding rules are
available to the data.

If there's general interest in a facility like this, I'd be happy to
help implement it.

                --Levi